Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh hello, want some buns?

Found this tutorial whilst exploring one of our favourite blogs.


I've been wanting to try out this hairstyle for awhile, but had to put it on hold till I got myself a good hair tie, a bottle of hairspray and some bobby pins. In the end, I got myself some Gliders hair tie (got this in Singapore upon recommendation from Malko B. Best hair tie ever! No more losing hair from the snagging and excellent hold for heavy, long, thick hair like mine), Lucido hair spray (I didn't want my hair looking too stiff, this seemed like quite a good bet on the Guardian shelf) and a pack of bobby pins from Sinma.





The end result that I got was this:


It was fairly easy to do and I must say my first attempt turned out quite well. Just be sure to comb your hair in place whilst doing the high ponytail and fix it securely with bobby pins. Finish off with hairspray. Lots of it.

I got mixed reactions from the family and friends when I showed them my new hairstyle. Mum liked it. Lil Bro 1 said it looked like I had some sort of shell on my head. Lil Bro 2 asked if it was a fake bun (due to the colour contrast between my original hair colour and the coloured bottom half). A friend asked whether I got my hair done at the salon for a photo shoot (Lol!). Worst comment came from the Dad who said "looks like you have tahi lembu (cow dung) on your head lah". What the??! -_-

All that work in trying to put my hair up and keeping it in check the whole day made my tummy whimper for food. Almost ate Lil Poopy the rabbit on our first encounter as a result. Now, that would have been yum, wouldn't it?! Rabbit in a bun? Teehee.

Animal lovers, I kid. I don't eat cute creatures :)


Bisous, Malko.S ♡

2 comments:

TheSeez said...

Poor rabbit :'(

xes said...

teeheehee taik lembu!